Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baking Cup Cakes

I don't consider myself an avvid baker just because I don't actually bake regularly. Maybe during festive seasons or if someone crazed my mini muffins. I use to love exploring the different recipes, flavours and shapes of the cupcakes or cookies. But as easily bored as I always am, I was rather disappointed by the bad recipes I found and soon, it became one of those, I used to.. stories. Nevertheless, I do enjoy baking but it's way to time consuming and obviously, my current and 2-year-standing obsession is makeup and it satisfies me better..

Back to the post, I'm gonna show you a step-by-step picture tutorial on baking dummie-proof butter cupcakes.

Click to enlarge image.
Ingredients:
250g Butter
4 Eggs
200g Castor Sugar
240g Self-Raising Flour (substitute with plain flour+1tsp baking powder+1/2tsp sodium bicarbonate)
3tbsp Milk
1tsp Vanilla Essence


If you wanted to surprise your family or friends with some baking, especially if you never baked in your life, then this is it.

Note:
Preheat your oven at 180 degrees(gas 4) and on only the lower heater.
Step 1: Mix at low speed. (While waiting, sift four and crack eggs.)


Step 2: Add the eggs.

Step 3: Keep mixing.

Step 5: Do this by hand to bring out flavour, or not if you're lazy. Don't forget you can only stir in one direction, either clockwise or anti-clockwise. Switch directions and the cake will be flat as a screen.

Step 6: Add milk.

Step 7: Fill the mixture into the cupcake cases.

Double-check your oven settings.



Step 8: Put'em in!

Step 9: Get'em out!

Step 10: Cool'em!

All ready to be eaten.

Hope this helps those of you still vary of anything close to cooking.

Thanks for reading.

Aly

0 people say ❤...: