Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, September 28, 2009

MAC Lipstick Swatches

I'm still very new to MAC(or so I think) and there are a lot of things from MAC I haven't got to try but one of the things I love about MAC is their range of lipstick. It has almost all the colours under the sun and the texture of the lipsticks can suit different people. Today, I post up some swatches of the lipsticks from MAC that I own (but I borrowed Bombshell from my sis) so all of you who haven't gotten any MAC lipsticks can start thinking about it.
From L-R: MAC Frost in Bombshell, MAC Lustre in Way to Love, MAC Frost in Angel and MAC Amplified in Impassioned.




MAC Frost Lipstick in Bombshell.

A shade of mid-tone pink with very fine gold flecks in it. This is a very unique shade of pink and my pic really doesn't do it justice.


MAC Lustre Lipstick in Way to Love.

This is my very first MAC lipstick and I love it the best. Way to Love is a sheer pink lipstick and the pink is very light. Perfect for naturally-pink looking lips. I don't recommend this colour for girls with pigmented lips cuz Lustre's are very sheer. However, you can wear this shade over a layer of foundation to create supple pink lips(for those with pigmented lips).

MAC Frost Lipstick in Angel.

The obvious difference between Angel and Way to Love is that Angel has a plum-y tint to the pink. It's not as sheer as Way to Love and it has a frosty finish to the lips. The plum in this colour makes me shun it a little cuz it emphasises my already-purple-lips. However, I have read many good reviews on this colour so it should work well on those with naturally-pink-lips.


MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned.

Impassioned is actually a fuschia-near-red colour but somehow it just looks red on my camera. I love, love, love this colour cuz it's very pigmented so when I wear it, you can't tell my natural lip colour (which is an icky purple-brown). Amplified lipsticks suits pigmented lips the best or just anyone who wants to wear a loud colour with a lasting finish.

All in all, my pigmented lips make me stay away from plummy shades or lustre's which don't help to conceal my real lip colour at all but instead enhances it.

I hope this helped if you're looking into any of the shades I just reviewed.

Aly

0 people say ❤...: