Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Somethiing for Everyone at Forever 21!

I tried out both the Studio Sculpt Foundation from MAC and the pink lipstick from Shu Uemura today, I know, I'm so impatient, had to take them out to play as soon as I could. So here are the pics. I'm not gonna review them just yet cuz I haven't got to know them that well just yet.

Fotd:

Eye:

Lips:

Face:

What I used:
CS 88 Color Palette {Highlight:A2.A6 Outer lid:J3}
Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner in BK999

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK302
MAC Lipglass in Young Thing (mixed with plumper and layered on top of lipstick)
ISBROW Shiny Plumper

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC25
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
MAC MSF Natural in Medium
Dior Radiance Booster in 002 (Eye base)
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon

Ootd:

At Forever 21, I found this:


I really, really wanted it but it was overpriced. RM 109 for a spaghetti top is ridiculous. And so I didn't buy it. But I really want to. So I'm kinda torn between the two choices. After all, one of my mottoes in life is that an object is only worth as much as you like it.

Instead, I went to Stage to spend my RM50 voucher.
Tweezer RM25

Eyelash Curler RM35

So I took the liberty of taking some comparison pics of a Stage curler with a drugstore one.
As you can see (above) the angle of the Stage curler is slightly bigger so it fits better into the eye socket and on the eye cuz it's rounder. The crescent shape of the Stage curler is more pronounced so it fits on the lash line better.

Along with that, the Stage curler has rubber handles for a firmer grip.

And the distance between the handles of the Stage curler is smaller so you don't have to struggle with your fingers to crimp your lashes.

Also, the Stage curler doesn't open as wide so to increase precision and you don't have to waste time fitting the lashes on the lash band of the curler.
I'm gonna do more comparisons of the Stage curler with the well-known Shu Uemura one soon.

Hope you had a great weekend.
Aly

4 people say ❤...:

eki said...

ohh you looks so kawaii!! your skin look flawless and love your cheek shade too <3 :D

Angela said...

love that top
i like forever 21 too
always go there whenever im at the mall
but i do agree that some of their stuff are overpriced

http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

*aly said...

@Angela: Yea, totally. Overpriced but somehow girls will still buy which is what I'm gonna do once I decide which bank to rob ;)

PS: Thanks for being an active commenter. Blogging is boring without comments.

Blovet Beauty said...

that stage tweezer looks pretty good!