Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, November 2, 2009

Improvements on my site

When I first started blogging, I just wanted a place to post up all my photos and it was really personal but as I went along, it started to bore me cuz I didn't see a point in that. So I stopped blogging.


Then as I grew a little(maybe a year?) older, I started reading reviews and tutorials online so I was intrigued by how blogging could connect people. Then, I revived my blog to cater to my passion, makeup. As I went along, I realised how important it was to leave comments, to share ideas, to have followers. Not long after, I felt this constant pressure to post something up every-single day and it became really stressful to blog as I felt like it was school where we have to work our butts off to beat someone else. Followers were like ranks. The more you have the higher you are. Then, I just broke and I didn't like blogging anymore.

But till now, I'm still blogging but I constantly battle this dilemma of always trying to do better while still maintaining my passion for makeup. I still don't get it, I don't have what it takes to be a good blogger because I somehow post things that I feel is boring.

I've been keeping to myself (cuz I always do, it's like counselling except with me alone) and I feel it's best if I try to improve myself little by little, starting with my posts.

Please do share if you feel my blog lacks in any way and I'll be eager to fix that.

Love,
Aly

5 people say ❤...:

Kasia_B said...

I totally understand you, cuz I felt the same way. I just started looking at it from a different point of view. I keep bloging for my few followers. Cuz you know...sometimes ppl have hundrends of followers but dont keep in touch with them etc. I feel like I am much closer with you then with a blogger with thousends of followers.
I like your blog so keep blogging sweety :)

and btw, i tagged you so maybe you'll have another post idea ;)
check it out on my blog.
:* muahz

Lavender said...

Hi Aly,

You are such an honest and humble blogger. You are doing great. As for me, I am struggling with a full time job and my post-graduate studies plus blogging.

*aly said...

Thank you. You must be so busy all the time. I don't know how you manage. =3

xSplendidStar said...

Aww I totally understand how you feel. And trust me, you're not doing anything wrong at all! I love your blog! Before I started blogging I always thought that having 500+ followers must be so good! And I'm not going to lie I did envy. But now I've come to realise that, it's not about the quantity of followers but the quality. I mean some people have like 1000s but do all of them really take a moment to look at some of your posts or even comment? Some yes, but the rest? I don't think so. That's why when I first started on blogger, to have just 5 readers, was such an overwhelming feeling! I mean I know you're different so maybe you want to get to know more people. Though take into account that you might have 'silent readers' too which means the ones that don't have blogger or google account to follow. Nevertheless don't feel too down! At the end of the day this is your blog and you should be able to do whatever you want with it! It's like saying people should like you for who you are not for who you are not. So let your blog be the way you want it. Of course you got people like me loving it (hehe don't want to sound so big-headed lol)!

xxx

*aly said...

Thank you dearie!! Love your essay. Here's an A+! Thank you!