Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, November 7, 2009

PMS: Do you get it?

Yup, I'm referring to the thing that bugs you when it's near that time of the month. The question is, do you get it too?

"Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (also called PMT or premenstrual tension) is a collection of physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstrual cycle." -wikipedia.org

  • Abdominal bloating
  • Abdominal cramps
  • Breast tenderness or swelling
  • Stress or anxiety
  • Trouble falling asleep (insomnia)
  • Joint or muscle pain
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Acne
  • Mood swings
  • Irritability
  • Changes in libido
  • Worsening of existing skin disorders, and respiratory (e.g., allergies, infection) or eye (bulbar disturbances, conjunctivitis) problems


And here's a list of what I get:
Fatigue
Zits (nasty ones!)
Loss of appetite
Swelled boobs
Irritability (especially in the morning)
Cramps(on the 1st day)

So what do you do about it?

I sleep longer during this pre-menstrual period and I eat less fried food. If I'm 'lucky', I get through my period with only 1 nasty zit but ocassionally I get 2, especially during exam periods. So, I stay at home if possible cuz makeup will only make things worse and the huge zit is usually "un-concealable". I used to take warm water to help with the cramps but lately, they've gotten so bad, I take 50mg of Arcoxia with food but the cramps come and go only on the first day, I guess I'm lucky cuz I don't get it so bad that I have to lie in bed the whole day (I know girls who do).

What about you? Do you get nasty cramps? Zits?

7 people say ❤...:

Zoe said...

Gosh Aly..I have to admit that I have all those^^;I think my body is very weak that's why**

xSplendidStar said...

Awww Alyy I hope you'll feel better soon! I never use to get any symptoms from it but recently it's been making me sleepy and tired. And I never get tired >_< I can be sleepy but not tired even with 5 hours sleep O_O lol anyways but yeah this is one of the reasons why being a girl is hard. I've just had some zits too >_> I guess it was like a signal to tell me that it's going to be the time of the month again =_= *sigh*

xxx

*aly said...

@Zoe: Aw, you should eat more vitamin c! =)

@xSplendidStar: I think I'll be alright, I always think: better sooner than later. You should sleep more ya know, I heard that if you sleep at least 8 hours, you can live til 80, if you don't get cancer that it. Haha.

Iyah said...

i dont mind the swelling of the boobs.. lol but i hate the acne i get during pms :[

*aly said...

@Iyah: Lol. Me too! =)

Kasia_B said...

I get only pimples and I hate it.

*aly said...

Haha, I have to say ME TOO! again..