Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Too Smokey for the AIRPORT! + HOTD

I hope you guys are wondering why I'm at the airport. I had to get my fingerprints done at the VFS in KL(capital of Malaysia) for my visa application to UK. Yay!!! So freakin excited about England, was about to get a "ILONDON" T-shirt but that will be totally lame. Anyways, you should know that if I'm in KL, I will have lots of photos to post up so you know there's more after this post. Back to the look, I was just using my long-forgotten-MAC-Royal-Assets-e/s-Palette so I did a smokey(once again) and I think I overdid it(not!) cuz in my previous look the e/s was way too sheer(blame Chanel) so I kinda used (a lot)more e/s this time.

Eyes:


Lips:

Face:

What I used:
Eyes:
MAC Royal Assets in 6 Smokey Eyes {Rondelle, Courtly Grey and Knight}
MAC Frost e/s in Ricepaper
Shu Uemura Eyelight Pencil in 01 White {Matte-side on lower waterline}
Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Eyeliner in BK999
Stage Brow Defining Pencil in 03 Cinnamon (I did my eye-b's for once!!=3)

Lips:
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Soft Dazzle

Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment Soin
MAC Prep+Prime Face Protection Visage
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in R2 Apricot Ivory
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
MAC MSF Natural in Medium
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden


What I did:
I highlighted with Ricepaper as usual then I used a shimmery, whitish, silver e/s on the inner corners. Then a matte grey all over the lids, and I outlined a V on each eye with a pearl-finish black e/s. I lined my lower waterline with a matte white pencil and a little of the silver-white e/s on the lower inner corners, black on the outer lower corners and finally eyeliner. I'm using MAC #33 eyelashes as my lower eyelashes(I trimmed them shorter til 2/3 left). I also contoured my nose and cheekbones and some blush, some lippie and I was done! It sounds pretty simple but I took 2 hours(!!!), lol, that's not long for me, I really do take ages with makeup.

On to my HOTD:
My bangs are way overgrown which explains why I usually have'em pinned up and my hair is mid-length to short so what I did was pin the bangs(of course) and I braided a small section on one side of my head, just a small bundle so my hair looked more.. polished? Lol, actually I look more like a hippie but hey, at least I tried.
Oh, oh, BTW, if you haven't noticed, my eyebrows are groomed!! (for once!) Well, the night before I was really sick of studying so I took out the shaver(very carefully) and tweezers, small scissors and a spoolie(the mascara applicator-looking brush, it can be used for eyelashes but I find them ineffective for that purpose). I'm gonna do an eyebrow tutorial once I get used to doing my eyebrows properly. Haha, do you even see a difference? For once, it doesn't look like a jungle up there. Lol. Oh and I practised penciling and e/s-ing my eye-b's to fill them up but I find that pencil works better if you have some gaps(tiny one too) whereas e/s doesn't really fill them up but gives it some definition. I'm really glad I took a bold step trying to fix my hair and eyebrows on the same day(no, in 2 consecutive days!) and I promise to put up some sort of a tutorial for those of you(like me) are totally hopeless cuz I incorporated some tips from other bloggers and I kinda did it in a diff way.
I really appreciate all the nice comments I've been getting from you know who you are and all the silent readers(you too!). Thank you! Oh, I've got a tiny haul from MAC again! Don't shake your head at the screen cuz this is only the BEGINNING! (of my MAC obsession, that is, wait till I set foot in London! =P)

Thanks for reading!
Aly

5 people say ❤...:

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥ said...

hey love the smokey look.
I just came back from London. I bought a I Love london tshirt lols I love those type of things.
Have fun in london
Shan x

Kasia_B said...

you are soooo cute!! :) ahhh
beautiful make up. love that rimmel's lipstick

Kasia_B said...

you are soooo cute!! :) ahhh
beautiful make up. love that rimmel's lipstick

Kasia_B said...

you are soooo cute!! :) ahhh
beautiful make up. love that rimmel's lipstick

*aly said...

♥ 珊珊 Kawaii Kuromi ♥: Thanks. I'm tempted to buy those t-shirts! Maybe a bag like that too.. =)

Kasia_B: Thank you Kasia!! I totally recommend the lipstick.=3