Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nude Look with Ash Wing Lenses


I was trying really hard to do "natural" makeup plus falsies. Lol. My best attempt using only MSF Natural as a base. I didn't usie any liquid foundation.. !!! I can't live without foundation! Anyways, I tried out Ash Wing (aka the grey lenses from Honey Wing series) today. It made me look really.. sad? Like innocent, sad. Imagine Memoirs of a Geisha looking sad. If you watched the movie, Zhang Ziyi was in fact wearing grey lenses. I'm def in love with the lenses. Grey still suits me best. Plus, it looks mysteriously blue under flash.



It kinda looks blue but then it's not. I freakin love this pair. It's quite similar to Angel Grey minus the weird black patterns so this one's more natural.



What I used:

Eye:
MAC Frost e/s in Ricepaper
Majolica Majorca e/s palette in BR799
Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner in BK999
Stage Brow Defining Pencil in 03 Cinnamon
MAC #40 as lower lashes& Stage Basic Lash with some random pair layered together as upper lashes

Lip:
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
Maybelline Water Shine Gloss in Pink Punch

Face:
MAC Prep+Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment Soin
MAC MSF Natural in Medium
Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie
MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden
MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30

I feel like I didn't use as much as usual(but it's still looks like a lot. Hehe) and I was having a difficult time with the Majolica Majorca e/s. They were so creamy that when I applied it, it wouldn't blend. It was just really patchy. Definitely have to learn how to blend cream shadows.



We went to Queensbay today!! Finally! I have been dreaming of going since ages ago. So we had dinner at TGIF! But it was saturday.. Lol


A pic with mummy. She looks tired cuz we were all flushed from shopping.

Here's me after 8 hours. All falsies intact. But a lot oilier.


And my long awaited palette from Stage!!!

Stage e/s Palette in 03Gossip RM 135
(there's a leaflet in store that gives you a RM10 discount so you pay only RM125, what a steal!)


FYI, Stage is a Malaysia cosmetic brand and many say it resembles MAC. So I got this palette which I'm SUPER excited to try out. All the colours are pigmented, smooth, creamy and FABULOUS! Perfect for clubbing IMO.


L-R: Black, Maroon, Dark Green, Cocoa, Beige.

I really think the names of the e/s are kinda messed up.
Black: Not black, it's navy with a purple sheen (!!!) and it gorgeous.
Maroon: It's duo-chrome(did I get that right?) It's purple with a little pink.
Dark Green: Nope, it's silver. Very blah colour IMO but still super smooth and pigmented!
Cocoa: More like a shimmery bronze, I imagine cocoa to be a matte brown which is def not what this is. This ne is the most shimmery one out of all with some gold flecks (GORGEOUS!!!!)
Beige: Not at all. It's white! Plain, creamy white!



More about the collection

It's their second collection this year(correct me if I'm mistaken) and I love this collection better than Floral Fatale earlier this year.


img credit: toungue in chic

It features 2 e/s palettes, 2 new lashes(super pretty!), 4 new lipstick shades, 4 lipglosses, 1 eyeliner(West End White) and so on. (correct me if I'm mistaken =3)


Some swatches:


Between the 2 e/s palettes, I chose Gossip cuz it's so clubby! It'd be perfect for clubbers, the colours are fantastic with great payoff. Scandal on the other hand is more for day looks. It's just as shimmery.

Stage Lip Brush-Portable RM35

I also bought the portable lip brush. I'm such a hygiene freak I rarely use the lipgloss applicators directly but the problem with lip brushes is they don't usually have covers so you can't keep it in your bag without creating a mess. Thank goodness I found this.

The handle can be detached to become a normal lip brush. Def worth every penny.

Small 12 pc containers RM9

After getting 4 pairs of lenses, I really neede some lense cases so I found the perfect thing at Yokoso!, which is a new Japanese thrift store on the first floor at Queensbay. It has lots of nifty things like eyelash holders and DIY masks, false eyelashes, mirrors, containers etc.

So I just put my lens in and close the cap. Oh plus I pour some contacts solution in before capping. Durh.

Taa daa! And it comes with a big container to hold all the small containers together so nothing gets lots. And what I love the most is that the whole thing is transparent so you can see everything and you wouldn't have to open the containers one by one to find the right contacts. PS: the blue thing is to show me that it's the right lens. cuz I have different powers.



Thanks for reading and I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm gonna be in KL on Wednesday so there'll be a load of pictures again. =3 *excited!!!!

10 people say ❤...:

Blair said...

Gossip looks gorgeous!!! *squeals*

Ash Wing gives you a puppy-ish effect - very innocent and lovable!!!

xSplendidStar said...

Awwww you look very pretty! Those lenses really suit you! I am getting the honey wing one, hopefully they'll turn out ok on me since I'm so used to Angel Brown I fear that I may not like honey wings T_T

I love the cases for contacts that you got! It's so practical! Gonna try and find something like this hehe XD

xxx

Marce said...

From the little I can see, the look is wonderful! I'd love to see the rest of the post but for some reason the whole thing looks transparentish, so I can't see much =/ Is it just me?
XO

Zoe said...

I love ur ash wing lenses,they look so pretty on u ,I also love the Stage e/s Palette in 03Gossip u got, the colors are so lovely..nice pictures Aly^^

*aly said...

@Blair: Thank you!!! Have you checked Stage out? I think it's a promising Malaysian brand.

@xSplendidStar: Thank you dearie! I think the Honey Wing series is more natural-looking if compared to angel series. Hehe. Hope you find the cases! =3

@Marce: Thank you! And I'm sorry but I've made some adjustments. I don't see anything wrong with the layout though but please tell me if you still can't see properly.

@Zoe: Thank you! Thank yoU! I don't think I take good pictures but I'm trying to improve that! Thanks. You're super sweet! =3

xSplendidStar said...

Awwwwwww thanks for the welcome back message! Makes me all warm inside :) Missed you tooo!!!! Ahahah that kidnapping thing made me laugh so much! Ahh you're so great XDDDDDDDDD

xxx

熊貓girl said...

loving your circle lenses ^^ i want that colour ><. Btw I am a new follower xD nice to meet you

oOchaOo said...

hi! the palette looks really nice! i love your look too! your lenses is also soo pretty <3

*aly said...

@熊貓girl: Thank you! Nice to meet you too. The lenses are quite cheap, you should get them!

@oOchaOo: Hey, thank you! =3

Cristina BarbieLuvsMac said...

so pretty!

and by flas i meant flash i didnt hit the h button hard enough lol