Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, January 10, 2010

For The Perfect Red Lips+Birthday#2 in Penang


Before I start explaining all my birthday pics, here's a red lipstick I treated myself to as a birthday prezzie in KL. I've been searching high and low for the perfect blue-toned red that would make my lips look "classy". Haha. So after reading many good reviews, I went out to get MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red.

I love having new lipsticks, they always look so pretty brand new. Anyways, on to the short review.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red (RM63) approx.USD12
It's the perfect blue-toned red for any skin tone and it glides on okay, very drying to the lips cuz it's matte but the finish looks like a lustre except not so lustre-y if that makes sense.



And on my birthday, 29th of December I wore it for the first time and I freakin love it!


Camwhoring starts here.





So the party was at Hard Rock Cafe but we camwhored at Hard Rock Hotel, it was fabulous.




The complementary birthday cake, blueberry cheesecake which just happens to be my fav cake of all time but I still can't successfully bake one. Haha.

The birthday troop.



Aly

10 people say ❤...:

Zoe said...

Wow such a gorgeous red lipstick, glad u had fun at Hard Rock, Happy Birthday again^^

xphoebelinax said...

ahhh i've been wanting russian red since christmas! i definitely have to buy it soon! :D

xSplendidStar said...

The lipstick looks gorgeous on you!!!!!! I told myself if I ever gonna get a classic red lipstick then I'm gonna get that one loooool I don't have anywhere special to go often so I guess I don't need it yet. But that lippy suit you a lot!! That cheesecake looks so yummy >___< omd *dribbles*

xxx

oOchaOo said...

that's a nice matte lippy!
it looks pretty on you ^__^
i want to try it too but im afraid i can't pull it off hihi..

Kasia_B said...

The lippie suits your skin tone very well :)
Pretty pics! Looks like you had fun.
<3

Manju said...

new follower! i canme over from kasia's ;)

Toothfairy said...

wow, the red lips look great on you! I've heard they have the best food in penang! though I like the indian food in KL already....

loves
(happy belated bday!)


loves

Sammy said...

Oooh Red! So sexy! Especially on you!

I have too much of a pink complexion to even dare try a red lippy, but I'm obsessed with nude lipstick. Nudes for me! haha

NottyEvil said...

stunning red lippies! love how it looks on you. very bold, yet clean and sexy!

*~kAy~* said...

Happy belated birthday! <3 you look gorgeous with your bold red lips! <3